PHP's Oracle interface

Foolks -

In building the Apache PHP-Oracle interface we have discovered a
discrepancy between the functions listed in the PHP on-line
documentation and the function list obtained by "nm" for libphp4.so.
Our UNIX Solaris  build comprises Apache_1.3.29, PHP-4.3.4, and the full
Enterprise edition of Oracle 9.2.0.1.0. For example, we see the function
reference in the PHP documentation for "oci_connect()" but find no
function by that name in the build. Rather, we see
"oci_do_connect()" instead.

Current PHP document seems to be describing features of an Oracle
interface that simply are not available.  Has anyone run onto this or
similar problems?

Thanks,

Joseph Burch
ITC-UNIX Systems