RE: Pass database id through href

Thanks John,

Pointed me in the right direction.
This was the actual code I ended up needing.

(! Ignore this e-mail if it will offend you containing JavaScript info
rather than php/db info; I did need to figure this out for my db to be
updated appropriately...)

(1st you need to define the variable as a hidden field in the form)
<input type="hidden" name="parent" value="">

(2nd, we need to use both the href attribute as well as, and separately
to, the onClick JavaScript reference, so the html output looks like:)
<a name="2" href="JavaScript: document.myForm.submit();"
onClick="document.myForm.parent.value=2;">Me</a>

The onClick event changes the value of the hidden field, the href
attribute submits the form with the submit() function.

I couldn't get it to work by calling a function, because the onClick
reference needed to be associated with that anchor tag and needed to be
a separate event to the href pointing to the submit() function.
I guess I could have 2 separate functions for each... But since it's
generated by the php script is easy enough like this.

Cheers,
Gav