  From: antonio bernabei
  To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 11:22 AM
  Subject:  Large Arrays in a batch procedure

  Hi,
  I have a problem. On a small lan I need to process a table with about 30000
  records. The work is to apply a formula to some fields of each record and
  update another field of the same table.
  I run php on a win2000 professional system and the first approach was to
  make a for cycle in which I apply the formula to all records and echo the
  result of the formula, just to show that the work is going on.
  But I get into a timeout of the system after 30 seconds
  Which is the right approach to this type of work, let's call it batch work?
  Thank you
  Antonio Bernabei