Re: ocilogon error

Adam Williams wrote:
Hi, I have oracle and PHP working together on a remote server called zed that runs redhat linux. I have another computer called accessserver that runs win2k pro with PHP that I am trying to connect to oracle on zed. Both computers have the oracle client libraries installed. On accessserver I have the code:

<?php
$conn = ocilogon("user","pw","zed.aleph0") or die .ora_error();
if ($conn)
{ echo "connection to oracle successful"; }
?>

When I run this I get the error:

Warning: ocilogon(): OCISessionBegin: ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified in C:\htdocs\oracleconnect.php on line 2

I've tried looking on google for the NLS parameter but I'm not having much luck. Anyone able to help? Thanks!

You probably need to set up some environment vars. Here's the ones I have set:
export NLS_LANG="AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1"
export ORA_NLS33="/usr/lib/ora/ocommon/nls/admin/data"
export ORA_NLS="/usr/lib/ora/ocommon/nls/admin/data"
export ORACLE_HOME="/usr/lib/ora"
export ORACLE_BASE="/usr/lib"

Fix the paths, put those in your env, then restart apache and see if you still have the problems.

--
paperCrane <Justin Patrin>