Re: Firebird

Alireza Balouch wrote:

It looks like firebird database is on its way to replace of mysql... its
totaly free (commersial & open source) use
but it isn't any php functions for that so we must use ODBC ...
Dose anyone knows if PHP developpers have any plans to make som e firebird
functions?

No need it works perfectly with the interbase package. I do have a better Firebird1.5 abstraction for ADOdb, but it's not ready to be 'published' :)

Most of us are waiting for PHP5 before producing a Firebird native build of the interbase package, as the extra functions are well worth having.

--
Lester Caine