Re: Strange problem with mySQL

>I am trying to update a database that I use to store user names and the
hashed values of passwords. The database name is Login, the table is
"users".

>I have the following commands in my php file.

>        @ $db=mysql_pconnect('localhost','apache','password');
>        mysql_select_db('Login');
>      $query="UPDATE users set pw='$hash' WHERE id='$user'";
>        $results = mysql_query($query);

>The result is always false. If I enter the value of $query into a console
(such as mysqlcc). The command works fine. Any ideas?

If it is false, mysql must be compaining about something, have your
tried.....
$results = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error() . "  on query --> "
.$query);

hth
Jeff

>Thanks!