Encode/Decode question

Good afternoon.

	I am running MySQL version 3.23.55-nt and do not have SSL of any kind
complied. The question I have is this: I am using a combination of several
values to build up a 'key' string. Is the ENCODE/DECODE combination using
this method a good enough encryption to allow the storing of credit card #'s
or would AES emcryption be better?

	Thanks for any information to guide me in this issue.

Robin Kopetzky
www.fttta.com