Re: problem Connecting

When I bring up \mysql\bin\mysqladmin status proc is says that the user is ODBC, is that right?? Should I have another user in there??

Please help!! :)

~WILL~

Will wrote:

I might add that I can access the database through C: prompt.

~WILL~

Will wrote:

That was already done!!! I knew that.

It is still doing it. MySQL in installed in a window XP machine.

What else is there??

~WILL~

Jochem Maas wrote:

Will wrote:

Hello all,
When I try to connect I get this message: #1045 - Access denied for user: root@localhost' (Using password: YES).

Can anyone help me? Do I need to do anything in the php.ini file or anywhere else.

sounds like you need to set a password in the phpMyAdmin config file for the root user (as defined in MYSQL) because obviously logging in with an empty password doesn't work.

I am trying to get phpMyAdmin to login into the database.

~WILL~