RE: Two Column Sort

On 05 March 2004 14:49, Ken Colburn wrote:

> Mike -
>
> I've tried your options and I get either an error message, no
> sorting, or sorting that does not do both columns with B's at the
> top.  It's my understanding that I must still use sort_field and
> sort_order (though I tried just ORDER BY).  It does seem simple, but
> nothing
> works.  It would
> be a great help if you could plug something (anything) into
> the url that
> works at
> http://congress.techpolitics.org/contributions22504.php/
> Hope this isn't
> asking too much.

Right, this is what I plugged in that I think gives the result you're asking
for:

http://congress.techpolitics.org/contributions22504.php?sort_field=cbc%20des
c,%20net_receipts&sort_order=asc

I've had to contrive the parameters a bit to work around the way you're
processing them, but hopefully you get the idea.

Just to over-egg the pudding a bit, I thought I'd extend the idea slightly
and give you one more example:

http://congress.techpolitics.org/contributions22504.php?sort_field=cbc%20des
c,state%20asc,%20net_receipts&sort_order=desc

Cheers!

Mike

P.S. please keep the discussion on the list so others can chip in if they
want -- and any final resolution gets into the list archives for anyone
reading the thread in the future.

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: m.ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx