Re: How to calculate size of INT(x) field

Richard,

Why do you exclude the MySQL Manual from your list of references?

See sections 6.2 and 6.2.1.  In 6.2.1, you will find:
<quote>
Another extension is supported by MySQL for optionally specifying
the display width of an integer value in parentheses following the
base keyword for the type (for example, INT(4)).
</quote>

There is much more about how INT(x) works, but if I copied it all to
here you wouldn't discover the other useful information available.

Doug