Re: mysql only works with no php.ini

Morris Beverly wrote:

Hi,

I just tried to disable the short open tags directive and realized I did not have a php.ini file installed. I copied the one listed as php.ini-dist and made the changes I wanted and put it in /etc with php.ini as the name. Now mysql doesn't work and doesn't show up with phpinfo() as it did before I put in the ini file. When I remove the ini file, mysql comes back. I put in a line: extension = mysql.so, but that didn't seem to change anything.

php  4.3.1
mysql 4.0.11a-gamma
apache 2.0.44
mandrake 9.1  2.4.21-0.13mdk

any ideas?

thanks,

morris

I found my own answer. Just in case someone else needs it, you have to set the extension directory in the paths and directories section of the ini file:
extensions_dir = /usr/lib/php/extensions

mo