Re: plain-text file (.txt) to mysql database

Hi,

So would I need to edit anything in my .txt file?

Could you show me an example on what you mean by:

 you can specify which
 columns of your text file
 goes to what DB column.

Because my text file has first , last , title
seperated by a space and a new entry is seperated by a
enter. (new line)

I took a look at www.mysql.com and had a read on 'LOAD
DATA' but am not 100% sure on how it works with my
sort of .txt file setup.

If you could show me an example that worked with my
.txt file that would be great, or would I need to edit
my .txt file somewhat?

Sorry about this, never used a .txt file for use of
mysql before but since I need to do alot of entries at
once it would be the easiest way to do it.

Thanks!

http://au.movies.yahoo.com