From: Mathias Hunskår Furevik <mf@xxxxxxx>
To: Paul Higgins <developer_paul_php@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Connect to MySQL Database Using PHP
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:51:30 +0100

You can include a file with:

<?php

$host = "host";
$Username = "username";

And then use: require("include.php"); in alle php documents, and then use $host etc in the Connect-function.

-

Mathias Furevik

På Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:43:23 -0500, skrev Paul Higgins <developer_paul_php@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I currently connect to my database (MySQL) through PHP with the following lines:

$db = mysql_connect( 'host', 'userName', 'password'); mysql_select_db( "database_name", $db);

The host, userName, and password are all hard coded into the PHP document. I would prefer not to do this. How can I connect to the database without having my sensitive information hard coded into the PHP?

Thanks,

Paul

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed Marketplace. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/

-- Sender med M2, Operas revolusjonerende e-postprogram: http://www.opera.com/