Re: Connect to MSDE using PHP

Robert Twitty wrote:

I have never used MSDE, but from my understanding if is suppose to behave
like SQL Server.  When you installed it, did it mention anything about
whether or not TCP/IP connectivity should be supported? You may need to
ensure that the server is communicating over port 1433.  If you are
unsuccessful with either mssql or odbc, then you should try the odbtp
extension at http://odbtp.sourceforge.net. If you use odbtp, use "(local)"
for the SERVER parameter.

I was able to get it to work through ODBC both using the ODBC functions in PHP and through ADOdb, so I guess I'll have to settle for that. I just want an MSSQL test environment (for free) that I can use to develop scripts on.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals . www.phparch.com