Re: Stored procedure with UNION---no unique id, how to page?

Karen Resplendo wrote:

I have a stored procedure in msSQL that UNIONs 3 queries. There is no unique identifier that is sequential that I can
use to page on webpage because the data comes from different
tables/databases.

Would you be able to use mssql_data_seek() to jump to the result set row that you want to start with? You'd have to execute the whole SP each time, but then jump to the row (page) that you want and start retrieving rows. mssql_num_rows() will give you the number of rows, too.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com