Interbase: How to get table structure via SQL ?

Hi,

...table structure without PEAR.... ?

Is it possible to accomplish this by a sql-statement or do I really HAVE TO
install this xtension (PEAR) ?
Cuz I've already written a few scripts containing many function calls (self
written classes, too). I read the PEAR extension organizes everything with
packages. So, if I install PEAR, do I have to change all my function calls?
I'd like to find a more 'simple' solution for my problem.

(P.S.: Thx to R.Hutchins 4 answering quickly!)

Bye,
DiZEM