php/mysql weblog - addnews function problems

hey,

I've been working on a PHP/MYSQL weblog and I've got most of it working
apart from the adding new news function and a login section.   I've set the
form up but it is coming up with a few errors and the actual submitting of
data doesn't work as of yet.  The code is too long to include in this post
and its hard to explain exactly where it is going wrong because I'm fairly
new to PHP and MYSQL - this is my first stab at them both.

Just wandering if anyone could take a couple of minutes to look at my php
code and tell me what is wrong with it? (it's probably something blindingly
obvious;))

thanks very much

slippy