Need SQL Help

Hello Guys/Gals.  I've been looking around forever for some help, never
thought about asking the ListServ.

Here it goes:

I have a SQL statement that looks like this:
"SELECT EMPLOYEENAME,SUPERVISORID WHERE EMPLOYEEID='$employeeid'"

what I want to do is lookup the supervisor's name in the same SQL
statement. If not, I would have to use an function, and if I have a 100
employee's in the list, that takes an enormous  amount of time if I have
to load that function every row.

Is there a way to do it all in the same 1 SQL statement?

Help Please?

Kevin