Re: php5/MySQL 4.1.1 connection error

I have done the same thing... but still get

"Could not connect: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"

So beside copying the libmySQL.dll's to the System32 folder and the settings in the .ini... Should'nt there be more files to locate since the "support" files are not bundled... Where would I get these files.

Having a very hard time understanding how the one file is in php/dlls when it is not "bundled".

Kengaun wrote:

Hi ALL,
MySql support is not bundled with PHP 5.0.0

I have managed to connect to MySQL after I have copied the new dll
libmySQL.dll(in php/dlls) folder to c:\windows\system32
And modified the php.ini as per below.
In php.ini
; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
extension_dir = c:\php\extensions
; Dynamic Extensions ;
extension=php_mysql.dll