RE: Windows XP and PHP

A better solution for connecting to SQL Server is the php_odbtp_mssql.dll
extension available at http://odbtp.sourceforge.net.  The reason why is
because the php_mssql.dll was built using DB-Library, which is obsolete
and unsupported by Microsoft.  This is why ntwdblib.dll is not in MDAC,
and contains bugs that will never be fixed.

The php_odbtp_mssql.dll file supports all of the functions from the
php_mssql.dll file. And, unlike the php_mssql.dll, it supports all of the
new data types available in SQL Server 2000, such as, varchar(>255),
nvarchar and ntext.

-- bob