Re: Windows XP and PHP

Duane Lakoduk wrote:

I installed Apache/Perl/PHP onto a Windows XP machine today
and ran into
this problem when I tried to access the MS SQL Server via PHP:

"can't load dynamic library php_mssql.dll"

The dll is in the extensions directory.  Apache is running fine.  Any
ideas, on what might be wrong?

I think this is in the php documentation but here is an answer from: http://forums.devshed.com/archive/5/2002/11/2/47028

MSSQL connection using PHP (ERROR)
micros_bytes

"This is happening because you do not have the required MS-SQL client
libraries. In addition to having the PHP extension DLL, you have to have the
Microsoft DLLs for accessing SQL Server. I don't recall the exact files but
you can get them by installing the SQL Server Client Tools from the SQL
Server install CD. Once you have that installed, you should be able to
connect without errors."