Re: php-db Digest 8 Feb 2004 01:40:01 -0000 Issue 2250

Hi,

I want to grab a value from one table field and place
another value in another table fied.

So If I had table value1 and it was set to 3 I want to
recognise the value 3 and put value 1 in table value2.

Example:

value1: 3
value2: (blank)

So now I need to check value1 and MAKE SURE 3 is the
value, if a lower value I want to do nothing.  If 3 >
than I want to use the value

Example 2:

value1: 0 (grab 3 and reset to 0, if higher than 3 do
the same)
value2: 1 (If value1 is 3 > than value 1 needs to go
in value2)

But how can I achieve this?

The queries are ran once a day, no more.  So when the
query is ran I could than execute the second query to
change the value#'s.

Would I be right in saying that I'd use a 'IF
statement' for this?  Or is there another way to do
this?

I am not sure exactly about executing a query with the
IF statement, I do know how to execute a message or
HTML information to output to the webpage.

I've done some reading online, but have not found what
I am requiring ... Could be looking in the wrong
place, as usual.  All help appreciated.

Jerry

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Greetings
Send your love online with Yahoo! Greetings - FREE!