From: "Griffiths, Daniel" <daniel.griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bruno Pereira" <bruno.pereira@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 10:10
Subject: RE:  Acessing a excel worksheet from a php site

I dont know any way to actually open and read the file with php, havent come
across any classes or methods that will do this.

My solution when I had this problem was to do it in 2 parts, run a macro on
the excel file that will extract the data to a text file and then use php to
read that into the db.

if there is a way to open excel files and read them with php i'd love to
know about it.