RE: [Resolved] Unable to connect to MSSQL with PHP through a firewall

Okay, the problem was the MSSQL Client Tools wasn't installed.  Once it
was installed script connected perfectly.

What I had done prior to installing the MSSQL Client Tools was copied
ntwdblib.dll from the SQL Server to the Web Server.  According the the
PHP documentation for Microsoft SQL Server functions
<http://php.net/mssql> this was one of two ways of getting mssql
functions to work, the other being installing the Client Tools.  I had
not installed it initially due to the shear size of the installer I was
required to upload to the server, so I opted for just the DLL.

Apparently I was wrong, but perhaps the documentation needs to be
reworded to reflect that the Client Tools is the only way to get these
functions to work properly.

Thanks for the help.  :)

--
Ricky Boone <whiplash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>