Re: Row count in a query

El Dom 01 Feb 2004 12:54, John W. Holmes escribió:
> Shaun wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to have an incrementing row count in my query that is not
> > part of the table data?
> >
> > i.e.
> >
> > 1  data  data
> > 2  data  data
> > 3  data  data
> >
> > This has to be done in the query not the PHP!!
>
> If you _have_ to get this in your query I'd say you have a flaw in your
> logic somewhere. However, you can do it in MySQL using these two queries.
>
> SELECT @a:=0;
>
> SELECT @a:=@a+1, * FROM table;

This isn't very good SQL coding.

If you use a database with sequences, built a temptable to put the data in
temporarly, with an INT field at the begining, and a sequence to have the
autoincremental.

Very easy, and compatile with any relational DB. :-)

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;