From: "Ricardo Lopes" <lopes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Muhammed Mamedov" <mm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 11:21 AM
Subject: Re:  Database Abstraction Layer?

You have ADODB and PEAR DB that both work as abstraction layer. I have

used

ADODB and seems to me that is very good, yet i have not tested PEAR DB...

To make php code 100% database independent is not very easy, depends of

what

are you going to do with your code. Use the ADODB or PEAR functions every
time possible, and avoid the using of sql statements in your code because
you have to carefull design then to be database independent but that can

be

a very difficult task.