Re: using query_strings in sql

I may be misunderstanding you, but your first statement about pulling from a
query string is throwing me.

<?php echo $section; ?> will only display the value of $section on the screen.
You will need to build a form to get a value into $section.

<form action="soemthing.php">
<input type="text" name="section">
</form>

something.php:

<?php echo "This is what was submitted in the form: ".$section; ?>

Now you can do your query:

$selection = mysql_query("SELECT *
 					FROM classes
 					WHERE
 						classCategory = '$section'
 					")

you'll notice I pulled the other variables out since you had not defined them
yet, like your ordering variables. Otherwise the SQL would end with ORDER
which will cause an error..

-Micah