PHP crashes...

I have a script called 'login.php' which worked fine until now.
Last dayz i've made a few changes at this script which ones just dealt with
if-expressions.
I've set some vars to values returned by functions and checked (if) these
values afterwards.

Now the execution of this script results in a php crash. Directly after
return
So I've put some echo commands into the script, but noone is being printed
on screen.
The problem only occurs with this script, others work without
problems/errors.

My configuration:
APACHE V. 1.3.29
PHP V. 4.2.3