breaking apart data

HEllo,

I have some data stored in a database (mysql) that I need to break apart. When I display it, I use the nl2br function.. works fine...

but I want to do some formatting to each line of text and need to break it apart.

when I look at the raw data, it has the escape sequence \r\n (return\linfeed)

what would be the most efficient way to rework this data in to what I am after....

stored text:
asdf asdf sadl jf lsakdjf a \r\n asdfierw aweiufasd asiuwr \r\n asdhfauiweuhrahsd \r\n

displays text as:
asdf asdf sadl jf lsakdjf a
asdfierw aweiufasd asiuwr
asdhfauiweuhrahsd

I would like to highlight parts of the above.

Larry R. Sieting