Re[2]: multi-language site

Hello Ignatius,

IR> Gettext is NOT an automated translation service. What you do is mark strings
IR> to translate in the original application, then have them translated by a
IR> human. When confronted with a marked string to echo, the application will
IR> look up in the translated file for the corresponding translation.

I use something very similar to this on a few of my sites. I had to
get the whole sentences translated though - you cannot just get
individual words translated and string them together because as you
know, the order of the words varies dramatically from language to
language.

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx