case to comment, please

I have the following example case:
1- More than 1000 record in my MySQL database.
2- I have to submit those record via HTTP GET or POST method.
3- I  have to read the confirmation message that will be printed on the
remote page showing me that the vars have been inserted in the remote
database.
4- of course, I have a limitation of executing time of 30 seconds and i
should not modify the php.ini

i did the following scenario :

<?php
function send_rec($var1 , $var2 ,$var3  ){
$handle =
fopen("http://anotherwebserver/url2.php?var1=$var1$var2=$var2&var3=$var3";,
"r") ;
$data = fread($handle, 11);
fclose($handle);
if ($data == $var1) return true; else return false;
}
for ($i=0 ; $i<NUM OF RECORDS ; $i++)
{
send_rec( $var1 , $var2 , $var3 );
}
?>

1-the problem is that the 30 second of execution time expired before i can
send even 200 records.
2- in case of not connection of the remote page, and i did not get the $var1
printed  ($data == $var1) then i have to re submit this record.

Regards