PHP Processing

I'm sorry, I feel dense coming to the list for this, because I'm
SURE I've read about this in the PHP or Mysql docs, but I can't seem
to locate where.

Let's say users submit a form which is processed by a PHP page which
performs a number of MySQL INSERT, UPDATE, and/or DELETE commands.
.

What happens if the user hits "Stop" or "Refresh" in their browser
before the transaction is complete - is there a possibility that
only some of the MySQL commands will complete?   Not a problem if
the services are all running well, but I'm thinking if things are
getting thrashed on the server for whatever reason, it might take
several seconds to complete the various SQL commands, also increasing
the likelihood of the user getting bored enough to start playing
"bull in a browser shop".

And since MySQL has no rollback feature that I'm aware of, how would
you best handle this dangerous potentiality?  Suggestions?  A humble
request:  Responses which begin with: "Don't use MySQL", please include
a good affordable alternative?

-P

Peter Westergaard
peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx         ###   ICQ#: 10294457
http://www.westergaard.ca/   ###   http://courtly.livejournal.com
'Alright, you guys start coding.  I'll go find out what the customer
wants.'