Re: Re: BINARY not recognized ??

From: "Monty" <monty3@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi John. The while the error message mashes BINARY and user_name together,
> that's not how I am typing it in my SELECT statement if you check my
example
> in the previous post. MySQL is doing this on it's own for some strange
> reason, even though there is clearly a space between the work BINARY and
> user_name in my statement.

Hmmm... There's no reason MySQL would put them together in the error message
unless it was really sent that way to it. Do you print out the query in your
program just to _make sure_ it's getting sent correctly? If you copy and
paste from what you see printed out and try it from the command line, do you
get the same result?

---John Holmes...