Re: need help with a query

I do not think it is going to work, you may want to stick with the PHP
script. MySQL says that is going to enable subqueries from version 4.1 and
the most recent release is 4.0.16 or 4.0.17.

A question and 2 comments:
q: the teams are fixed within league?
c1: it is not clear how you record the goals of a team against of another.
2. you may want to check the sizes of some fields; some are too big, or
too small.

Mihai