PHP Postgresql Problem

Hi

I seem to be having a problem with my PHP-Postgresql
application. The program runs fine. However if the user
closes the browser window while its loading it causes my
postgresql to increase CPU usage to about 70%-80% and
decreases the speed of the subsequent requests. Also the
CPU usage remains high even after an extended period of time.

I think that for some reason postmaster is unable to kill the
query which seems to get stuck for some reason :(
Is there any way to correct this problem. My DB is
reasonably big (~100MB). However the query I call is pretty
simple and finishes in less than a second if executed from the
command line.

thanks
Samir