Re: Shift_JIS Character Set

thanks for your reply..

i'm doing a form (form.php)
1) user comes to form.php
2) user enters details and press submit
3) details get passed to form action verify.php
4) verify.php puts all the $_POST into an array $formVars
5) verify.php session_register("formVars")
6) if there is an error, verify.php sends user back to form.php
7) form.php echos all the $formVars (i.e. details that user has previously entered) in their respective textfields, together with the error messages

i need to stripslashes at Step7 because as you have mentioned in a previous post on this list, magic_quotes_gpc added slashes to all my $_POST. Thus, since I need to echo them, I need to stripslashes.. I tried echoing the $formVars without the stripslashes and I see all the slashes before the quotes and backslashes etc.. so, by right, with English characters, i still need to stripslashes.

please advice. thanx thanx!