Re: Missing Data in Columns

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 17:10:46 -0500
Ken Colburn <ken.colburn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Only six of ten columns in a php table show up on the web.  I've been
> using a standard format for many months now and the only difference
> here is that I'm drawing on more (seven) tables.  Even more curious,
[snip]

> Any ideas?

just one, your column names are not unique enough...
> Ken
>
> http://congress.techpolitics.org/108thfirst.php
>
> # query mysql to get data
> $get_data_query = "select fullhouse2.Representative, fullhouse2.Party,
> medicarerollcall669.State, medicarerollcall669.CD, hr2passage.passage,
>
> estatetaxrepeal.passage,
> headstartvote444.vote, hudappropsvote453.vote, energyrollcall630.vote,
>
> medicarerollcall669.vote
>  from fullhouse2, medicarerollcall669, hr2passage, estatetaxrepeal,
> headstartvote444,
> hudappropsvote453, energyrollcall630
>
> where

PHP will treat headstartvote444.vote, hudappropsvote453.vote,
energyrollcall630.vote, medicarerollcall669.vote as the same column name
called vote. You have made the same clasic mistake with passage (and
perhaps other columns...

Try this instead...

select fullhouse2.Representative, fullhouse2.Party,
medicarerollcall669.State as medicare_State, medicarerollcall669.CD as
medicare_CD, hr2passage.passage as hr_passage, estatetaxrepeal.passage
as estrate_passage, headstartvote444.vote as head_vote,
hudappropsvote453.vote as hud_vote, energyrollcall630.vote as energy
vote, medicarerollcall669.vote as medicare_vote from fullhouse2,
medicarerollcall669, hr2passage, estatetaxrepeal,  headstartvote444,
 hudappropsvote453, energyrollcall630

Regards
George Patterson