From: Gavin Amm
Sent: Thursday, 27 November 2003 4:00 PM
To: php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Decent Search Engine (for MySQL)

Hi All,

I'm after a tutorial, if you can point me to one I'd appreciate it.

I want to create a search script that will look through tables/fields
(that I specify) in a MySQL database.

I don't want to use the MySQL full text searching (as I'm using an ISP
database & the default min word length is >3, we have a number of words
that are 3 chars & need them to be picked up in the search) & I really
hope there are better options than the "LIKE" command (These seem to be
very popular from my searching).

Regards,
Gavin