mysql + php

hi!

I am first question of php in this news group. I would like to ask my question about
php + mysql. Now I am programming php+mysql. I put word, excel, mpeg and any binaries into
the mySQL database using php on linux server,But I can take out these binay from mySQL database. I would like to see the files and save my pc from server. So how can I take out from
these binaries? If you know it how to take out and show it, please teach and help me how!!.
The information table of mySQL is "objects." So here is the program below;

// database information
create table objects
b_col blob,
name varchar(30),
file_size varchar(30),
file_date datetime
}
// it works from "insert" SQL abc.php
$db = mysql_connect("*****", "***", "****");
mysql_select_db("***",$db);
$sql_insert = "INSERT INTO objects(b_col, file_name, file_size, file_type,file_date) VALUES ('$UploadedFile','$UploadedFile_name','$UploadedFile_size','$UploadedFile_type',now())";

mysql_query($sql_insert);

//
// But it does not work at. I can not see anything in my browser
$sql_select = "select b_col, file_name, file_size, file_type, file_date from objects where file_name like 'gball.gif'";
if(!($result=mysql_query($sql_select,$db))){
die;
}

$file_name = mysql_result ($result,0,"file_name");
echo $file_name;

Regards,
james