Re: Web counter question..

<snip>
>>> James Hatridge <James.Hatridge@xxxxxxxx> 12/5/2003 10:52:52 AM >>>
Hi all..

I just put up my stamp bulletin on line (issue #100!!). I have a
problem with
it. The counter that I use counts everyone every time they look at the
site.
I want a better counter, can you all suggest one? It's got to work with
html
and php only.
</snip>

You would have to either set some kind of permanent cookie once the
user visites your site, so on every request, check for the existence of
that cookie, if it is not there, add 1 to your counter and set the
permanent cookie, if the cookie is there, they have viited the site.

Or you could require the people to sign up for an account to visit the
site.