Re: Splitting a string by a ,

John Dillon schrieb:
I don't wish to hyjack this string but there is a module in perl for
extracting emails from files, I could not get it to work but wonder is there
any pre-written function in php that would parse text and extract the
emails.  I wish to do it with pst files, ie people who have written to me
over time in order to get them into a manageable database.

Hi, you should use a regular expression with preg_match_all.

I googled for "php grab email" and found for example this

http://codewalkers.com/seecode/404.html

It uses this
preg_match_all("/\b\w+\@\w+[\.\w+]+\b/", $str, $output);

but i am sure there are plenty ways to grab those emails from a string.

Bye,
Karsten Eichentopf