Re: Dumping database/restoring

Dillon, John wrote:
[from a post by Jon Benson on http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/mysqldump.html]

It worries me that --opt includes a add-drop-table command.  Since it is
creating a new file, how does this affect anything.  I just don't want to
delete anything.  Is it relevant on restoring only?

Do you think the above command is OK to try?  I'm allowing keywords as I
made the mistake of calling one of my fields 'key' and haven't changed it
yet.

The DROP TABLE only applies when you're restoring this file. It will drop the old table if it exists and then create and load the the table from the information in the file.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com