Killing MSSQL Query

I am looking for a way to kill my current MSSQY query from an PHP script.
For example, I have a page where the user picks some selection criteria, the
script then constructs aa MSSQL query and executes it, 5 minutes into it the
user decides, "Forget about it" and presses a button (ideally) to kill the
query where ever it is (so as to not bog down the server). I can do it in
MySQL, but have not found the aMSSQL answer in looking through about 50
pounds of MSSQL 2000 documentation. This application REQUIRES MSSQL and they
really want this feature. Any help would be appreciated. PHP is 4.3 running
on a Linux box.

Thanks for any help