Dreamweaver as PHP editor

I'm just getting into PHP, and have found that as a PHP code editor,
Dreamweaver works pretty well (with the extension I installed). My question
is this, whenever I save an include file with the .inc extension, all of the
color coding goes away, as does the PHP tab on the tool bar. Is there any
way to make Dreamweaver see a .inc file as a PHP file? I looked on all the
menus and in the preferences, but I couldn't find an obvious way to do this.

Thanks!
Susi Sloan