Re: Query Case In-sensitive

As an Oracle DBA (9+ years, versions 7.x - 9.x) I just wanted to make a
correction.  The LIKE command uses wild card characters ( _ and % ) for
substitutions.  Oracle IS a case-sensitive RDBMS and the LIKE command will
NOT do case-insensitive queries.

Roy A. Jones
US Pharma Database Administration
GlaxoSmithKline Inc. US Pharma IT, Shared Services
External: (919) 483-0266
Internal: 703-0266
Fax: (919) 315-6842
Office: RC2 - 2005
Email: roy.a.jones@xxxxxxx
http://usphdba.gsk.com/ - USPHARMA Database Site

"mustafa ocak" <mocak@xxxxxxxxxx>
19-Nov-2003 07:11

php-db@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re:  Query Case In-sensitive

Use "LIKE" clause instead of "="

SELECT item_number FROM  item WHERE  item_code LIKE  'M1234' ;

   This will perform case-insensitive matching on all databases I used
before (Including Oracle, MySQL, SQL-Server)