Re: removing space ?

there are trim functions in both mysql and php.
both they are called the same...trim, ltrim and rtrim.  trim takes off both
sides, and the r and l take the right and left respectively, but yes, this
is possible in the query.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/String_functions.html
php.net/trim
php.net/ltrim

hth
Jeff

                      "Larry Sandwick"
                      <lgs@sarreid.com>        To:       <php-db@lists.php.net>
                                               cc:
                      10/28/2003 05:11         Subject:   removing space ?
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      lgs

When I select data from my data base I have spaces on the lead side for
example the data that is stored is "      33.jpg".  Spaces included,
exclude the quotes, quotes are example only to show the spaces.

I would like to remove these spaces. Is there a way to do this?

Can it be done in the query?

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Sandwick

Sarreid, Ltd.