Re: Load MySQL from a variable

G'day CPT John W. Holmes and Rory

>> AFAIK, LOAD DATA INFILE will only work off a file. So you would have to
>> create a temp file. Another option is to create a multiple value insert
>> query e.g.
> Agree that LOAD DATA INFILE will probably still be faster overall, even with
> the file write. Try each and see, though.
????
I kinda figured this would be the case. As there could potentially be a huge
number of rows I was worried about doing an insert. I ended up writing a
temp file, loading it and then deleting it. It's quite fast and seems to
work just fine.

Cheers and thanks again for the suggestions

kim

PS. Does everyone else sometimes get multiple copies of posts? I posted just
one message but I got it three times via the list.