Re: Error settings

From: "Dillon, John" <JDillon@cantor.co.uk>
> Hm. Adjusted error_reporting to none.  Why would I still get:
>
> "Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /method="post" on this server.
> ----
> Apache/1.3.28 Server at www.somenet.com Port 80"

Nothing to do with PHP. Seems like your server will not allow you to use the
POST method...

> And if I use the address: http://localhost/apics3.php?ID=349 it complains
> about undefined variable, ID.

Because of your error_reporting level. You say you changed it, but do the
changes reflect in a phpinfo() page?

> My php.ini contains:
> <quote>
> ; This directive tells PHP whether to declare the argv&argc variables
(that
> ; would contain the GET information).  If you don't use these variables,
you
> ; should turn it off for increased performance.
> register_argc_argv = On
> <unquote>

Nothing to do with error reporting. This is mainly used for the command
line.

> Sounds like I've adjusted the wrong file.  I have only one php.ini file in
> c:\winnt (apart from the one in c:\php\backup), the one in
> c:/PHP/php-4.3.2-Win32 is called php.ini-dist and php.ini-recommended.  I
> haven't touched these.  Should I?

You should have copied one of those files to create your initial php.ini.
Take a look at the output of phpinfo() and it'll tell you where PHP is
reading it's php.ini file in the first block. If a path is shown, but no
php.ini file at the end, that's where PHP is expecting to find the php.ini
file, but it's not there. If a full path to php.ini is shown, then that's
the file you should be editing.

Finally, and the key to all of this, I think: restart your web server after
you make a change to php.ini.

---John Holmes...