How to open PDF File on Server on Local Client

Good Day All,

I have an intranet GUI that allows users to select, insert, and update
data in a db.  When data is entered into one of the screens, a C program
is called which does some calculations and then creates a PDF file on the
server. I want the user to then see the PDF file opened on their local
computer (or at least be able to click a link or a button to view it). The
local machines will use some PDF viewer to open the file (Acrobat or Yap,
I think). My question is, how do I get PHP to push the file data from the
server to the client, so that the user can then open the PDF locally. I'd
like the GUI to remain open so that once the PDF is viewed, printed, and
closed, the user is back to the GUI.  I think I'm needing a PHP Manual
reference to some group of functions. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David