MySQL Regular expression

I'm not a 100% sure if this is the correct list for the following
question, so I shall apologise beforehand if I upset any one.

Now, I have a field in my database table in the following format:

100,30,443, etc.
Representing prices for 52(53) weeks of the year and comma delimited.

Now I need to check the price for a given week within my query.
The problem however is that the week number is variable.

Is there a way to count the number of non-consecutive occurances of a
character, in this case commas, in a regular expression?

I know ,{#} will check for # occurances of consecutive occurances of
#, but is there a similar way to check for non-consecutive?

Thank you in advance.

--
Regards,
Owen Franssen